Assembly of construction equipment. Mount on trailers, plumbing of fuel tanks, position, align assemblies and subassemblies. Drill, grind, alter, mount components, touch up and prep equipment for delivery.
• Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, prints and parts list. Gathers parts, subassemblies, tools and materials
● Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications. Communicates with supervisors to obtain additional information or resources
● Maintains inventory levels by checking stock required for ever day assembly
● Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
• Positions, aligns and adjusts parts for proper fit and assembly
• Reads prints and specifications to determine component parts and assembly sequences of electromechanical units
• Inspects, tests and adjusts completed units to ensure that units meet specifications, tolerances and customer order requirements
• Attaches name plates and marks identifying information on parts
• Disassembles units to replace parts or to crate them for shipping
• Drills, taps, reams, countersinks and spot-faces bolt holes in parts, using drill presses and portable power drills
• Files, laps and buffs parts to fit, using hand and power tools
• Measures parts to determine tolerances, using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers and Vernier’s
• Cleans and lubricates parts and subassemblies, using grease paddles or solvents.
• Operates small cranes to transport or position large parts
● Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed
● Maintains a safe and clean work environment. Complies with company procedures and rules.
• Performs other duties that may be assigned
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The usual and customary methods of performing the job functions require the following physical demands. Occasional lifting between 25 and 50 pounds, Carrying, pushing and or pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling. Generally the job requires 10% sitting 45% walking and 45% standing.